Thursday, September 8, 2011

A day of firsts

Today was the beginning of many scissor runnings, daring exhibitions. The first day of school, always so nerve wrenching yet it's the same every year. Anyways, I survived. Didn't run down the hall hoarding my books, running into people or getting lost. I'm beyond that now, I'm a big kid now. Do I feel like I'm in a little too over my head? You could say that. Is the school system getting dumber and dumber. Amen. Ridiculous, I tell you. I'm worried for society, I really am. Have we really gotten to the point where middle schoolers aren't allowed to wear hoodies? Because, you know I'm just gonna reach into my hood and pull out a hand grenade. And purses? For all the guys in the world who think it's unfair I can carry a purse. Be that way. Carry a satchel. Or a murse. Or just leave me alone! I've got stuff in there I need that you can go without.

First game of the season. Like you couldn't load any more nervousness(is that even a word) onto my plate. Most intense game of my life. 0-0 the whole game. Go into the dreaded overtime. 7 v 7. We load the field with offense and midfield so I sit the bench and watch. And wait. And yell. And scream. And pull my hair out. We literally thought we were going to pee our pants, the anticipation was so high. 1:05 and the other team smashes it in the goal.....Where's Road Runner because an anvil just landed on me. The most awful feeling ever, we were so close to our first win ever yet so far. But, we can't keep our heads down. It's only the beginning and we've got a whole season in front of us.

"That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning."
RICHARD BACH, The Bridge Across Forever
Wise words, sir Bach. Wise words.

Keeping my head up high though. Life is tough, but I'm tougher. And I can run with scissors, so you better watch out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.